This week, Klewel has the chance to be in London UK for ESPGHAN 2013. What is ESPGHAN? This is the European Society for Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition. This is an international, professional and scientific society which seeks to influence the standards of care for patients and families.
Founded in 1968 the society has over 600 members who are paediatric gastroenterologists, hepatologists and nutritionists, as well as scientists in relevant fields. ESPGHAN also has members who are trainees, nurses and dieticians to ensure that this growing multi-disciplinary approach improves the outcomes for children in Europe.
ESPGHAN has five standing Committees focusing on:
- Gastroenterology – aiming to promote child health free from gastrointestinal diseases
- Hepatology – aiming to promote high quality hepatology practice in infants, children and adolescents
- Nutrition – aiming to promote high quality nutritional practice in infants, children and adolescents
- Allied Health Professionals – aiming to enhance the multidisciplinary approach to the care of children in Europe
- Trainees – aiming to promote and support specialist training in paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition throughout Europe
This important medical event takes place in the new Excel Exhibition and Convention Centre in London UK.