Webcast: World Business Council for Sustainable Development
The WBCSD chose Klewel for the third time in order to archive and webcast on their Extranet all the content of their Liaison Delegate Council meeting in Montreux this week.
WBCSD Mission Statement
Our mission is to provide business leadership as a catalyst for change toward sustainable development, and to support the business license to operate, innovate and grow in a world increasingly shaped by sustainable development issues.
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a CEO-led, global association of some 200 companies dealing exclusively with business and sustainable development.
The Council provides a platform for companies to explore sustainable development, share knowledge, experiences and best practices, and to advocate business positions on these issues in a variety of forums, working with governments, non-governmental and intergovernmental organizations.
Members are drawn from more than 30 countries and 20 major industrial sectors. The Council also benefits from a global network of some 60 national and regional business councils and regional partners.
The Council’s objectives are to:
* Be a leading business advocate on sustainable development;
* Participate in policy development to create the right framework conditions for business to make an effective contribution to sustainable human progress;
* Develop and promote the business case for sustainable development;
* Demonstrate the business contribution to sustainable development solutions and share leading edge practices among members;
* Contribute to a sustainable future for developing nations and nations in transition.